Premiere plastic surgery and concierge patient care that is personalized, modern, and sophisticated.
The Maman Plastic Surgery Difference
Dr. Maman and his skilled team collaborate throughout the introduction, examination and planning process to achieve optimal results, personalized for you.
90 Minute Consultation with Dr. Maman includes
- Thorough review of your medical history
- In-depth physical assessment performed by Dr. Maman
- Comprehensive and detailed operative plans
- Review of cost, accommodations and follow up visits
- Scheduling of surgery
Meet Dr. Daniel Maman
Dr. Daniel Maman is a Harvard fellowship-trained and board-certified plastic surgeon specialized in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, body, and face.
Meet Dr. Daniel Y. Maman, Board-Certified NYC Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Maman completed a Harvard fellowship in aesthetic breast surgery as well as a 6-year plastic surgery residency at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He has appeared on The New York Times’ Top Doctors and Super Doctors in Plastic Surgery lists.
Dr. Maman is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Whether your reasons for surgery are personal, clinical, or both, you deserve an experienced surgeon who is a partner in your care.
Contact us today to request a consultation.
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat around the eyes.
Both surgical and non-invasive blepharoplasty techniques can be used to achieve desired results.
How does it work?
The precise combination of surgical and non-surgical techniques used depends on the issues being addressed.
- Upper lid blepharoplasty, recommended for patients with heavy eyelid hoods, is done by removing or repositioning fat deposits, cutting away excess skin, and tightening facial muscles around the eye through a small incision in the natural crease of your eyelid. This can often be performed in the office with only local anesthesia.
- Lower lid blepharoplasty, recommended for patients with puffy or dark, saggy bags under their eyes, uses an incision in your lower lash line as an access point to excise excess skin. Some patients also have a section of surrounding muscles and fat removed and/or repositioned
- Skin pinch blepharoplasty, recommended for patients looking for minimal changes, is an alternative lower lid technique that removes excess skin only, leaving the fatty and muscle layers untouched.
- Transconjunctival blepharoplasty is a new lower lid technique especially well suited for patients with puffy bags under their eyes. This technique is gaining in popularity because excess fat is removed through an incision inside your lower lid, resulting in no visible scarring.
- Fat grafting and transposition is effective for patients with sagging, dark circles under their eyes. In this surgery, fat is harvested from one part of your body and grafted into your tear trough (the crease between your lower eyelid and upper cheek) or cheek, restoring the fullness and volume often lost to age.
We make sure you have the information you need to feel informed about your decision, from your inquiry about our practice through the consultation and recovery.
Before surgery, we provide:
- 60- to 90-minute in-depth initial consultations with a complete medical history review and physical assessment by Dr. Maman
- Multiple pre-op visits to answer all your questions and make sure you are recovery-ready
- Specialized surgery coordinators to help you navigate scheduling, financial, and insurance processes
Once you have moved forward with surgery, we make sure you are just as cared for. You will get:
- Convenient and safe operating facilities in NYC
- Luxury recovery rooms at NYC hotels for out-of-town patients or patients uncomfortable recovering at home (if needed)
- Complimentary, custom scar treatment regimens
- Attentive and routine aftercare visits
Results & Recovery
We take every measure to provide the highest degree of comfort for our patients throughout their blepharoplasty process.
We schedule multiple pre-op appointments to make sure that our patients are fully informed and know exactly what to expect from the procedure. We also stay in close contact during the pre-op period in order to ensure that each patient receives prompt and personalized care.
Once surgery is complete, local patients have the option to recover at home in NYC or in one of our luxury recovery rooms located in select hotels in the city. Recovery timelines vary depending on procedure, and our thorough aftercare options ensure optimized recovery and results.
For more information, read our FAQs below.
See our results. Contact us to find the right approach for you.
Eyelid Surgery FAQs
How much do you charge for an eyelid procedure?
Am I a good candidate for eyelid surgery?
Will eyelid surgery help reduce wrinkles around my eyes and brows?
Will my eyelid surgery be permanent?
One note—blepharoplasty will not stop the aging process. Even though the fat removed from your eyelids will not come back, your skin will continue to produce less and less of the elastin and collagen that keeps your skin taut.
This means your brows or the skin around your eyes will gradually continue to droop. While you may eventually see folds again on your eyelids, the cause of this secondary drooping is not the same as the cause of your initial surgery. Some patients in this situation come back thinking they need another eyelid surgery and end up better served by a procedure like a forehead lift instead.
Where will my surgery be performed? How long does eyelid surgery take?
Upper eyelid surgery usually takes about one hour. Surgery on the lower lid can take up to two hours. If you are not combining your blepharoplasty with other procedures, your surgery will likely be completed using local anesthesia or IV sedation. If you are combining your eyelid procedure with a face or brow lift, rhinoplasty, or other facial surgery (like fat transfers or chin augmentation) your surgeon will likely use general anesthesia.
Can I combine my eyelid surgery with other procedures?
Facelifts, brow lifts, and rhinoplasties are commonly paired with eyelid surgeries. It is also normal to add laser skin resurfacing or a peel to your blepharoplasty.
What can I expect after surgery?
Because blepharoplasty is an outpatient surgical procedure, you will likely be able to leave the surgical facility with a responsible adult caregiver within a few hours of waking up.
If you combine a blepharoplasty with a more invasive surgery like a facelift, you may be required to spend a minimum of one night with a private duty care nurse. This nurse will be there when you wake up from surgery, escort you to your home or hotel, and stay overnight to monitor your vitals, manage drainage from your surgical sites, and maintain your comfort levels.
What is recovery like from eyelid surgery?
For patients who have surgery on their upper and lower eyelids, recovery averages two to four weeks.
It is important to carefully follow all aftercare instructions, including using any eye drops, ointments, or prescription medicines Dr. Maman prescribes. You may find that your eyes need more rest for the first few weeks post-surgery, so enjoy a few extra naps or breaks in a dark, quiet room. We also recommend wearing sunglasses for several weeks when outside to protect your eyes from the sun.
Will I have visible scars after my eyelid surgery?
When can I wear makeup after surgery? What about exercise?
Patients should avoid all strenuous lifting and exercise for a minimum of one week and then should gently work back into their normal exercise routine.
When can I go back to work/daily life?
Will I have to pay for follow-up visits after my surgery?
Request A Consultation
Call Today 212.920.6800
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Maman or to get more information, kindly submit your details using the adjacent form and a member of our patient concierge team will promptly be in touch. We look forward to welcoming you to Maman Plastic Surgery.
1100 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10128
**This form is not HIPAA-compliant. Please do not share sensitive medical information as part of your written inquiry.